PolyPhotonix is a bio-photonic research and development company that designs, develops and manufactures non-invasive photonic based medical devices.
Noctura 400: A Treatment for Diabetic Eye Disease
PolyPhotonix has developed the Noctura 400 Sleep Mask for the prevention and treatment of Diabetic Retinopathy. This is a home-based, non-invasive, monitored treatment, which is a fraction of the cost of current treatments laser photocoagulation and intravitreal injections, both of which are highly invasive and hospital-based. Working with leading universities and health services around the world we have clinically proven results.
- Diabetic Retinopathy is caused by changes in the blood vessels of the retina. New fragile blood vessels start to grow and often leak blood and fluid.
- 90% of people with Type 1 diabetes will develop Diabetic Retinopathy within 10 years.
- 67% of people with Type 2 diabetes will develop Diabetic Retinopathy within 10 years.
- The diabetic population in the UK is estimated at 3.9 million, and globally at 463 million, with growth rates described as a global epidemic.
- Diabetic retinopathy is the leading cause of preventable blindness among working-age individuals in the western world.
PolyPhotonix have won a number of awards. Find out more →